American Family Care’s expansive healthcare network has been a leader in the COVID-19 fight since day one. Our centers were among the first in the nation to offer rapid COVID testing, and we are thrilled to have been chosen to provide these crucial tests to travelers heading to Hawaii.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (PRWEB)
November 18, 2020
American Family Care (AFC), the nation’s leading provider of urgent care and accessible primary care, is at the top of a new list of trusted medical care providers partnering with the state of Hawaii to provide pre-travel COVID-19 testing for anyone planning to visit the tropical islands. AFC is now offering the pre-travel tests at more than 200 of its centers across the country.
“It is a great honor to have been selected as a trusted testing partner for the Safe Travels Hawaii program,” says AFC’s founder and CEO, Dr. Bruce Irwin. “AFC’s expansive healthcare network has been a leader in the COVID-19 fight since day one. Our centers were among the first in the nation to offer rapid COVID testing, and we are thrilled to have been chosen to provide these crucial tests to travelers heading to Hawaii.”
The state of Hawaii commenced pre-travel testing as part of a multi-layered screening process to allow travelers to safely come into the state without having to go through a 14-day quarantine. Travelers who follow all the processes, including getting a negative test from a Trusted Testing Partner, such as AFC, are not required to quarantine for 14 days.
Here is how the testing process works for anyone age 5 or older:
Hawaii Pre-Travel COVID-19 Testing
- Complete a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) no more than 72 hours before flight travel time to Hawaii.
- Hawaii will accept test results ONLY from participating locations of trusted providers like American Family Care.
- Establish an account at the Safe Travels Hawaii program.
- After testing, AFC staff will print out results so the information can be uploaded to the program’s website.
- If test results are not available when arriving in Hawaii, travelers must self-quarantine until results are received and reported to Hawaii’s Department of Health.
- If a traveler receives positive test results after arriving in Hawaii, they will be required to go into isolation until fully recovered.
Travelers who do not enter Hawaii with results from a Trusted Tested Partner will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days after their arrival.
About American Family Care:
Founded by Dr. Bruce Irwin with a single location in 1982, American Family Care has pioneered the concept of convenient, patient-centric healthcare. Today, with more than 200 clinics and 600 in-network physicians caring for nearly 3 million patients a year, AFC is the nation’s leading provider of urgent care, accessible primary care and occupational medicine. Ranked by Inc. magazine as one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., AFC’s stated mission is to provide the best healthcare possible, in a kind and caring environment, while respecting the rights of all patients, in an economical manner, at times and locations convenient to the patient. For more information, visit http://www.AmericanFamilyCare.com.
Share article on social media or email: