“During #TheExchange2020, we’ll address the structural inequities that exist in health access, educational opportunity, the need for reimagining capitalism, transformation of cities, and more,” says Alexander Rossides, founder & president of The Social Impact Exchange.
NEW YORK (PRWEB)
September 14, 2020
The Exchange 2020: Unifying Leadership: 10th annual two-day conference pushes toward transformation with a pathway towards a more equitable society September 23 and 24
The Social Impact Exchange, a national, cross-sector membership association dedicated to generating large-scale impact, has announced details of the nonprofit’s 10th annual conference. The Exchange 2020: Unifying Leadership will take place virtually Wednesday, September 23 and Thursday, September 24, and offers funders and leaders from the nonprofit, corporate, philanthropy and public sectors a unique multi-sector gathering place to scale impact together. Alexander Rossides, founder and president, Social Impact Exchange, made the announcement.
The agenda includes thought-provoking and inspiring conversations and provides tangible solutions and initiatives that participants can invest in to address the critical challenges we face. The conference will open with a keynote by Mark Suzman, CEO, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and features more than 25 founders and CEO speakers.
“What does the post-COVID world look like? How do we emerge from the turbulence created by the simultaneous racial, political, and economic crises we face as a nation with a pathway toward transformation and a new normal that moves us all to a much more equitable society?” asks Rossides. “We have to change systemically because recovery that returns us to the status quo is not what we aspire to. Over two days, we’ll address the structural inequities that exist in health access, educational opportunity, the need for reimagining capitalism, transformation of cities, and more. For those who want to come out of this and drive towards a new and different way for society to work together that is more equitable, The Exchange 2020: Unifying Leadership is the conference to attend.”
- Angela Glover Blackwell, founder in residence, PolicyLink
- Melvin Carter III, mayor, Saint Paul, Minneapolis
- Mandell Crawley, head of wealth management, Morgan Stanley
- David Erickson, senior vice president & head of outreach & education, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Beth Ford, president and CEO, Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- Glenn Harris, president, Race Forward, and publisher, Color Lines
- Erika Karp, founder and CEO, Cornerstone Capital Group
- Gara LaMarche, president, Democracy Alliance
- Ndaba Mandela, founder and chairman, Mandela Institute for Humanity
- Michael McAfee, president and CEO, PolicyLink
- Judy Monroe, M.D. president and CEO, CDC Foundation
- Tyler Norris, chief executive, Well Being Trust
- William Peduto, mayor, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Robert K. Ross, M.D., president and CEO, The California Endowment
- Libby Schaaf, mayor, Oakland, California
- Kerry Sullivan, president, Bank of America Charitable Foundation
- Mark Suzman, CEO, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Michael D. Tubbs, mayor, Stockton, California
- Edgar Villanueva, founder, Decolonizing Wealth Project
- Darren Walker, president, Ford Foundation
The Exchange 2020: Unifying Leadership recognizes this year’s existential issues — a growing imperative to achieve racial equity while coping with a global pandemic, an emerging recession, and perhaps the most consequential U.S. presidential election ever — and the need for leaders who can achieve true systems change.
Plenary sessions will address:
- Equity, Transformation, and Justice
- The Future of Capitalism
- Guaranteed Income and The Transformation of Cities
- Philanthropy’s Moment of Truth
- Recovery, Resilience, and Transformation
Knowledge sessions will discuss:
- Equitable Education Financing
- Financing Change and Financial Inclusion
- From Health to Well-Being: Thriving in a Post-COVID World
- Race, Racism, and Mindsets
- Working Across the Aisle for Better Outcomes in Education
The Exchange 2020: Unifying Leadership is presented by The Social Impact Exchange and Morgan Stanley and sponsored by American Express, Bank of America, Cornerstone Capital Group, and Tiller, LLC. Early-bird ticket prices are $99.00 (for nonprofits) and $199.00 (for funders and all other attendees) and available through September 21; after which the cost of tickets increases to $295.00 (nonprofits) and $495.00 (funders and others). Visit socialimpactexchange.org for further information; for the full list of sessions and speakers refer to the agenda; to register go to https://cvent.me/YgXrbD or email TheExchange@growthphilanthropy.org. Follow the conference @SIExchange on Twitter with #TheExchange2020.
About Social Impact Exchange:
The Social Impact Exchange (SIE) is a national, cross-sector membership association dedicated to generating systemic change and large-scale social impact by creating and spreading multi-sector collaborative action. SIE has two main functions: 1. To establish cross-sector collaborative networks that fund and advance complementary portfolios of solutions that transform systems; and 2. To build the field of systems change and cross-sector collaborative action through action platforms convenings and knowledge sharing activities, including its annual national conference. For more information, go to https://socialimpactexchange.org/about/
MEDIA CONTACTS: Diane Stefani at email@example.com; and Jen Maguire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share article on social media or email: