TUSTIN, Calif. (PRWEB)
October 12, 2020
RepuGen – a healthcare reputation management solution, recently released results of a study on the importance of online reviews in the doctor selection process. The study underlines the importance of managing online reviews for patient acquisition and show that online reviews have become the main criteria for selecting a healthcare provider.
The study released by RepuGen highlights that online reviews have redefined the way patients choose their healthcare providers. While 79% of patients check online reviews when selecting a healthcare provider, 63% of patients read 10 or more reviews before deciding on a healthcare provider, and 30% say they will not visit a healthcare provider with poor reviews.
The results from the study were acquired from a survey that was conducted in July 2020, among 1,431 patients aged 18 and above across the United States. To better understand their review habits and online behavior, the patients faced a series of questions that included:
● What is the most trusted review site?
● How important are online reviews in the doctor selection process?
● How many reviews are checked before selecting a provider?
● Which review sites are checked the most?
● Other factors that impact their selection process.
The key findings from the study were as follows:
1. 83% of patients below 60 and 59% of patients above 60 checked online reviews while selecting a healthcare provider
2. 76% of patients checked reviews on Google, and 37% of patients visited WebMD for reviews
3. Since a high percentage of patients check reviews on Google, it ranked as the most trusted review site
4. The recency of reviews counted to be necessary, as 62% of patients didn’t trust reviews that were older than 2 years and 36% of patients wouldn’t consider reviews that were older than a year.
5. At least ten reviews on all review platforms are required, as 77% of young patients and 41% of older patients read ten or more reviews before deciding a healthcare provider
6. Reviews are the second most essential factor patients consider when selecting a healthcare provider
To learn more about the study findings, read the complete Patient Review Survey 2020 here: https://www.repugen.com/patient-review-survey-2020
RepuGen is a leading healthcare reputation management solution that helps practices grow through regular review generation, patient recovery, and retention. It is one of the only reputation management platforms tailored specifically for providers in the healthcare industry. The company believes that providing clients with the opportunity to take control of their online reputation will improve patient experience and the overall success of the healthcare business.
RepuGen was founded by Ajay Prasad, a digital marketer and online reputation evangelist whose company provides clients with a simple way to take control of their online reputation so that negative online reviews don’t incorrectly portray their practice.
Given that 80% of patients use reviews as part of their healthcare provider selection process, Repugen helps both the doctors and the patients find their perfect fit in each other.
RepuGen clients include MemorialCare, Golden State Dermatology, Cortica, Elevate Health, and many other well-known healthcare organizations in a various specialties.
For more information on RepuGen, please visit http://www.repugen.com
Share article on social media or email: